Thanks to the intensive development of the Internet, many servers are now becoming accessible to all network users. Among them, “cloud” hosting at https://justvps.com/ (in other words, virtual) is the ability to simultaneously use the resources of two or more servers. Recently, it has become more and more requested and popular than conventional hosting.
So, when comparing a conventional hosting with a cloud, we get the following: when you buy a regular server and sharing it with other users, this negatively affects the speed and quality of your website. The use of virtual hosting allows this to be avoided due to the distribution of uniform loads on all servers.
What are the main advantages of cloud hosting?
- Firstly, accessibility – your website will be available to the user at any time, any day.
- Secondly, flexibility – for this hosting, the optimal resource settings for a particular website are selected.
- Thirdly, reliability – using a network of servers will allow your website to work stably. A certain scheme of virtual hosting eliminates outages (for example: braking or inaccessibility of the website).
- Fourth, saving – you pay only for the resources you need. In any case, if necessary, you can always change and improve your cloud hosting settings.
- And finally, you will never receive a notification that the “load is exceeded” and the need to switch to a more expensive tariff plan.
But, if you compare cloud hosting with VPS hosting, the latter will have an advantage. A virtual private server (VPS) is a more powerful foundation for large-scale projects. This is a virtual server that the consumer receives for its use, where many other virtual servers can be located. But at the same time, each of the virtual servers remains autonomous from the rest and functions independently. In this regard, the creator of a new website based on this type of hosting will receive significant benefits. Among them:
- while using this server, the so-called “unpleasant neighborhood” problem does not arise, so your website will not freeze.
- the ability to install on it their applications, which are necessary for the correct operation of the resource. Indeed, most resources very often require the installation of specialized software, which is excluded when using conventional shared hosting.
- you will be able to configure your server specifically “for yourself”, so there are more opportunities to launch a large project on the Internet.
Please note that for the correct and efficient use of the system of your virtual server, it will be advisable for you to take a special system administrator course.
VPS server (Virtual Private Server)
VPS is a program that “splits” a physical server into several virtual servers. Such software virtualization was made possible thanks to OpenVZ technology. A significant advantage, compared to simple shared hosting, is that the provider guarantees the tenant of the VPS server the allocation of the specified processor power, disk space and RAM. In practice, everything is not so “cloudless”, but here it all depends on the correct choice of provider.
The advantage of this type of virtual server is its relatively low cost and wide variability of user modes, which allow each tenant to choose a package of services that will fully meet the needs of the customer and his financial capabilities.
Among the shortcomings are the functional limitations of such a lease. For example, VPS hosting does not allow making changes to the hardware of the physical server and prohibits the use of some network settings.